Mechanical Rappers are typically employed in refuse fired units in areas where dry slag is encountered. Soot Blowers are avoided because of erosion and/or corrosion potential due to blowing the tube surfaces bare with subsequent corrosive deposits collecting.
- Extended boiler-operating time
- Lower cost of operation and maintenance
- Increased efficiency in evaporators, superheaters and economizers
- Operational feedback to the control room
- Maximized thermal efficiency and reduced gas exit temperatures