Core Benefits of SMART Gauge system:
- Identification, targeting and elimination of large clinkers and outages due to clinker falls
- Reduce fouling and prevent plugging.
- Increase heat transfer.
- Use information to drive intelligent sootblowing, only clean when and where is needed.
- Reduce steam usage.
Clyde Industries provides industrial infrared temperature and gas measurement experience to the development of a new system solution specifically designed to more effectively monitor the Furnace Exit Gas Temperature (FEGT) in boiler furnaces. The FEGT system is easy to install and maintain, even while the boiler is online. Operators can permanently mount the system outside the furnace on a port installed on a standard observation door to sight on the midstream of the gas exit path. The installation allows the door to be unobstructed so that it can be opened for visual inspections as required.
Benefits of the Infrared Pyrometer include:
- Minimize unwanted slag accumulation and fouling by controlling FEGT below the ash fusion point.
- Maximize boiler efficiency by running under optimal load conditions.
- Prevent failures by continuously and proactively monitoring the furnace temperature. Minimize unscheduled outages and reduced power conditions.
- Optimize and Tune heat transfer by monitoring FEGT under varying process conditions. Measure and quantify trade-offs of heat rate and NOx & SO2 emissions.
- Determine precisely when to take corrective actions and initiate soot-blowing operations. Minimize sootblowing operations to increase pendant lifetime.