The Rake Sootblower is designed to clean finned heating surfaces, rotating basket-type air heaters, economizers and DeNOx systems at flue gas temperatures less than 1292°F. The Rake Sootblower uses the potential energy in the blowing medium (either steam or air) and transforms it almost entirely into kinetic energy by means of venturi nozzles. Following this design, the sootblower uses a specially devised non-rotating lance to apply all cleaning power down towards the catalyst surface. This enables the effective re-entrainment of solid particulate and reduced pressure loss across the catalyst surface.
- Extended boiler availability and increased efficiency
- Checks deposit build-up regardless of boiler operation, changing fuel mixture or varying fuel quality
- Prevents buildup in the air heaters and economizers
- Maximizes thermal efficiency and reduces gas exit temperatures
- Balances heat transfer in the boiler
- Reliable and simple to maintain
- Optimized cleaning with minimal consumption of steam, water and air
How it Works
The blowing rake is equipped with high-performance nozzles that blow element remains in the flue gas path. During the blowing process, the blowing rake continues to move axially into the flue gas path. On reaching the front-side end position, the direction of movement changes and the blowing rake returns to its rest position.
- Integrated stop valve with adjustable throttle disc for comfortable adjustment of the blowing pressure
- High-performance nozzles for maximum conversion of steam pressure to jet velocity
- Travel monitoring by limit switch
- Integrated gear motor for advanced movement
- Sootblower type with double-rack drive for minimum stress and high stability